Judas Iscariot

The most amazing stories

Judas Iscariot

Postby admin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:20 pm

The concept of equivalence and the case of Judas Iscariot

People are accustomed to view all events as consisting of a cause and effect. Such thinking is justified in physics, but not in spiritual matters. In spiritual matters the chain of causation goes both ways. Causation is going at the same time in both directions. Therefore we no longer speak about the causation, but rather about equivalence relations. Any event is the perfect equation.

Lets start from the distinction between a job and a slavery. The difference is what stands on the other side of the equal sign. If you have a reimbursement then you deal with a job, but if there is a zero, we have slavery. Other options are not logical.
What happened to Judas Iscariot's case? Jesus' betrayal, what is it – the job or slavery? The answer is important because it determines whether Juidas Iscariot was accountable for what he did.

From the Gospel story we know that the temple priests and the elders agreed to pay 30 silver coins to Judas Iscariot for the betrayal of Jesus. Hence arose the equation (work = pay), but after a while he regretted and went back to the Jewish priests. He threw the money back too them, i.e. he refused the reimbursement. Now we see that he has received nothing for the betrayal. As already mentioned above, the zero in equation rests solely with slavery. However, the physical consequences stayed the same because the Jewish priests did not release Jesus. Thus what really happened to Judas Iscariot from the final perspective is that he was forced as a slave to betray Jesus, this happened against his final will.

It becomes even more interesting when we get more aware of the context of the Holy Scripture, the fact that a prophecy had come true. The gospel of Matthew 26:17-18 (New International Version):

14Then one of the Twelve—the one called Judas Iscariot—went to the chief priests 15and asked, "What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?" So they counted out for him thirty silver coins.

We further read in the gospel of Matthew 27:3-5 (New International Version):

3When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty silver coins to the chief priests and the elders. 4"I have sinned," he said, "for I have betrayed innocent blood." "What is that to us?" they replied. "That's your responsibility."
5So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

Everything gets clear when we read book of Zechariah 11:12-13 (New International Version):

12 I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. 13 And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter"-the handsome price at which they priced me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD to the potter.

Stories in the Gospel refer to the material world and the prophecy point to ulterior spiritual world. From this comparison of the Gospel and the prophecy we clearly see how human actions evolve at the same time in this material world and the parallel spiritual world. In the spiritual world, everything is easier, Judas Iscariot is merely a humble executive and does only what he is ordered to do. Conversely, in the material world, which is full of illusions, we have a far more complicated story, where the man decides to betray Jesus, then suddenly is struck by remorse, drops the salary and ultimately hangs himself.

I want to draw attention to this, because people tend to overemphasize what is happening in their material life. There is no need to see a tragedy in every event and to demonize ourselves and others. Everything should be viewed from the perspective of spiritual life. The point after all is that Judas Iscariot has shown repentance and faith in refusing to take salary. Therefore it spiritually no longer matters what he did before. Even in the “God Writer’s story” his actions, as seen from the perspective of equivalence, was a case of slavery. Judas Iscariot is not cursed by God because he merely acted as a slave according to the orders, even though his mission looks disgusting to us. His mission was to show what is a betrayal of a friend and to become a curse name. Judas Iscariot was appointed a much-needed role in the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, which was to take place, so that the prophecy fulfilled. For example, Anthony Hopkins played Hannibal Lecter role and did it well, but should he be subjected to a laceration for that?? Similarly, God does not throw Judas Iscariot to the fire pot after his death. God loved Judas Iscariot, since Judas Iscariot became a disciple of Jesus, a man closest to God’s Son. Could it be that a perfect love of Jesus did not affect one of his closest man to save this man from Hell???
admin
Site Admin

Re: Judas Iscariot

Postby Alec » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Judas Iscariot is not cursed by God because he merely acted as a slave according to the orders, even though his mission looks disgusting to us. His mission was to show what is a betrayal of a friend and to become a curse name. Judas Iscariot was appointed a much-needed role in the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, which was to take place, so that the prophecy fulfilled.

Inspiring enough. But did Judas actually knew the plot? Was he really conscious about what's happening? Maybe Jesus told him what he must do and he acted on direct orders of Jesus??
Alec

Re: Judas Iscariot

Postby Cyrus1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:31 am

But did Judas actually knew the plot? Was he really conscious about what's happening? Maybe Jesus told him what he must do and he acted on direct orders of Jesus??

It is not up to me to say what had really happened there. I do not know the facts because I wasn’t there. But when I read Bible it is clear to me that Judas did not know the divine plot. Jesus did not clearly foretell Judas what is going to happen. Jesus only told some vague words about his betrayal. They were too vague for anybody to understand specifically, yet they caught the partial attention of somebody since we have them written in the Gospels. That means that somebody remembered that Jesus foretold everything in the beginning. Jesus was speaking in vague manner because he did not want the disciples to prevent the oncoming events but on the other hands he wanted that after the events have passed the disciples would remember that he foretold the events. Had Jesus talked more clearly, Judas would have not gotten a chance to do what was prophesied in Bible. Therefore the conclusion is that Judas was not conscious about the plot.
Cyrus1

Return to Bible mysteries