The Game and how to overcome it

The Game and how to overcome it

Postby Cyrus1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:34 pm

Life without evil is life without hell. Such a life contains nothing what would justify existence of hell - there is no sin, so both eternal and short-term sufferings are no longer necessary also. Since they are no longer needed, they simply no longer exist. After all, for the hell to exist, someone has to do sins, and therefore sins will not disappear until the hell is destroyed. To tell this more simply, I can say that if there were no hell, then no one ever would even think to do the following sins:

1. to dissapoint themselves by not believing in good God;
2. to fool themselves by creating their own false gods-idols (money, power, fame, etc..);
3. to misuse God’s name by judging others, e. g. to see the speck of sawdust in their brother’s eye without seeing a plank in their own eye;
4. to weary themselves by restless work whatever it is or to defile the concept of sabbath by not working at all out of laziness;
5. to shorten their life because of not honoring their parents, which also means not honoring God;
6. to kill themselves by doing what deserves Karma aggression;
7. to voluntarily get dirty;
8. to steal their holiness by provoking others to sin;
9. to give false testimony by stupidly holding themselves and not God as the rulers of their fate;
10. by performing the indwelling sinful will to do things that they really do not want to do.

However, if we take a look from the position outside of the “story” perspective, we would see that everything is much more difficult. The problem is that we do not know whether evil (hell) really exists? If the God Writer really loves us all (hell does not exist), then the suffering that occurs in our lives and the alleged sins which justifies them are designed only to create some kind of false background - an illusion. What is the purpose of such illusion?

Life in this illusion is perceived as a challenge. This is a “game”. People find themselves in the game and try to understand the rules of the game and, more generally, what is happening. The less advanced see their enemy in other people and act accordingly - kill, harass, torture and so on. Their thinking is limited to a physical world, so if someone harassed them, they would destroy the guilty one and think that they won the fight. They think that they would win this game so incomprehensible to them, if they defend themselves against enemies and destroy these enemies.

The more advanced people feel that beside the material world also exists a spiritual world with its own laws and rules. They understand that the real enemy is not another man but the devil, who penetrates the other man in order to provoke them. A new concept of spiritual fight arises. People spent a lot of time thinking about how to combat this new enemy - devil. They have created a perception that they must forgive the guilty one. This perception furher evolved into an idea, that it depends upon you what another person does to you. So, some of them thought that they truly deserved rude behavior since they are so sinful and must be corrected, while others more optimisticly thought that the harm incurred is beneficial since they are forced to become a better person, less tied to the material existence, to the material world, but more keen to spiritual reality and true love of God. In this case, it seems that the correct path is to take traumatic situations as beneficial, since it leads to winning the game – loss of sufferings, successful fate and blissful life after death. These players know that if they get angry at God, at fate or at any other important thing, this will be considered as a failure and they will lose the game since they did not pass the test. Thus, the player who passes the test expects to receive a prize (even after death) - to enter the state of eternal pleasure in Paradise. In order that the fight looked real and resembled do-or-die situation, there is a (phantom) hell, the place where you would have to go if you lose the game.

I feel that I have the opportunity to win the game, because these chalenges do not look as insurmountable. However, I do not rest because I loathe this game. The most repugnant thing is that no matter who wins the game, somehow all the participants have to endure sufferings whether long-erm or short-term. Therefore, I desire to fight no longer for the prize of the game, but instead for the end of the game. I wish that there were no losers, no more suffering and fights. I think that the real prize which God is offering to us is the end of the game itself which is not the same prize that the Game offers. The real winner is the one who understands this.

So on one hand I am compelled to take part in the game and of course I want to win but on the other hand my biggest wish is to overcome that game. This can be done only by denying the significance of the game - by achieving the state of the game when all the players refuse to play altogerther.

Lets start from the notion that the rules of the game provides two basic options:
- The first option - the player can be angry for the injustice and take revenge, he can see himself as right in all situations. However, this is the position of losers, because the harm he suffers not only does not cover his previuos sins but this aggresion and anger even counts as new sins. By taking a wrong option and getting angry for the insult, he certifies that the offender was right to insult him, because in order for him to get angry someone had to insult him. (Remember that there is no time in spiritual world so everything happens at the same time. So you cannot tell that somebody did something first.) Therefore he got what he wanted. However since the outcome is unpleasent to him it is true that he is a fool. Because only fools desire for themselves unpleasent things. The biggest problem is that these losers generally do not perceive real rules of the game.

- A second option - he can take injury as beneficial and so there is no reason for him to take revenge since it would be stupid thing to do. Therefore he should be happy that he was not fooled by devil to do something that is bad for him. The winner of the Game is the one who passes the test by taking injuries as a means to his own purification. He holds that he was worthy to suffer these harms because of his previous sins.

But a third option is also viable although nobody have talked about it. The correct position is a desire to win an existential struggle against the game itself. As it was described earlier, there is a way to win the game but you can do that only by playing against your enemies. So, you will always feel some bitterness. By participating in the game you can win against the enemies but you still lose to the Game itself, because you were forced to renounce your ideals. And the ideals are that nobody ever suffered for anything, that nobody was doomed.

A true believer should be motivated by the belief that those who did him wrong should not incur evil - hell. I think that in the spiritual sense the wrongdoer suffers far more than the wictim. For the wictim the suffering is short and limited. Wictim will never go to Hell. But the offender for the things he has done is going to get eternal suffering. So the true evil really touches not the wictim but the offender. Thus, it is necessary to find a way, that the injustice he had done to the wictim would be rendered meaningless.

So, the true believer forgives the offender, but he does so not fo his own well-being but for offender's good. Remember, true believer desires that injustice would be rendered meaningless. Look, the true believer have not done evil by getting angry so he passed the test, but the offender cannot be blamed anymore also since the suffering of the righteous has annuled his sin. This is a fight not only against the devil, but also against the game as a system that offers everyone to fight for themselves only. But we should deny such rules. We must fight also for others.

This what I offer is beyond the popular attitude about the game, because I propose to fight evil for incentives that are not egoistic. Look, true believer even rejected the possibility to use hie sufferings to cover his own sins, but instead he designated the sufferings for the good of the offender with a goal to save the offender from evil (hell) by covering the wrong that the offender has just done to the true believer. And this is how we have to follow Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for other people, for redemption of others. Jesus also took suffering for those who actually put him on the cross. In this way you are able to fully cover sins because the suffering equals the size of the sin.

However, please consider this. In order to buy something, you must pay. But what if you are out of money? This can happen to the true believer since he spend his sufferings to buy redemption for other and there are no "money" left for him. This means that he happens to be spiritually poor. True believer is so poor that he can no longer repay his own sins. However, this should not bother him because Jesus said that blessed are the spiritually poor. So to become spiritually poor to be out of spiritual money is the real goal, because only then you are totally purified by God. That is why we pray “forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us”. As long as you have “monies” you wont be purified by God.

Here lies the infinite wisdom of how to destroy evil. It follows that after the conversion to the true faith, no more sins can occur. Those who were disadvantaged did not suffer evil (nobody goes to hell because they had sufferings), but the offender is also saved from the Hell, since he has been cleared by the suffering of the wictim.

Lets go back to the criticism. Why do I not like the dominant theological approach? Because it refers to the hidden selfishness. Here in this dominant approach you forgive the offender only because you want to pass the test. You do not really care for him. Such conduct is beneficial only to you and not to the perpetrator. There is an opportunity for the devil to further incriminate the offender. The Devil will say that the offender made wrong to a holy man who was not worthy of such injustice, because he did not revenge. Thus, the misery catches the offender. Hence in this case the evil did not disappear - something still goes to hell. Thus the dominant theological approach is not able to find ways to destroy evil - Hell.
Cyrus1

Return to one God